Repenting For Our Church’s Condition
a. Worship and Remembering
b. Worship and Repentance
1. Repenting for the condition of our People
2. Repenting for the condition of our Nation
3. repenting for the condition of our Churches
2. Repent For Our Church’s Condition - Rev 2-3
a. Repent For Not Loving The Lord Right - 2:4-5
1. Going through the motions
2. Doing our duty
3. Not spending qualiy time together
4. The hot love of the newly wed
a. Characterized by excitement
5. The cool love of the long wed
a. Characterized by question
1. "Lovest thou me more than these"
b. Repent For Allowing False Teachers To Come In - 2:15-16
1. Contend for the Faith - Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
2. Hold The Faith in good Conscience - 1Ti 1:18-19 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
3. Stand immovable in the Faith - Tit 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
4. Mark and Avoid False Teachers - Ro 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
3. Fellowship in the Faith - Ro 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
c. Repent For Their Eccumenism - 2:20-22
1. Be Seperate From False Doctrine - 2Co 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
a. 1Ti 6:3-5 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
2. Continue In Sound Doctrine - 1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
d. Repent For Their Deadness - 3:1-3
1. Dead in Works - Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
2. Dead in Worship - Ps 100:1-5 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
e. Repent For Their Apathy - 3:14-19
3. Repent For Our Family’s Condition - fathers, children
Ex 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation].
Passover Lamb - blood over door
Job’s sacrifice for his children