Intro: The Importance of the Church
A. Itís Importance To God
1. Ac 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
B. Itís Importance To The Believer
1. It should be the Focal Point of our Faith
a. 1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
2. It should be the Focal Point of our Family
a. Ac 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
3. It should be the Focal Point of Our Fellowship
a. 1Jo 1:3-7 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1. They Had A Mind To Work - 4:6
a. The Work Was Great
b. The Work Was Good
c. The Work Was Gradifying
1. It takes a community effort - "the people"
a. Not just a handful
2. It takes singleness of mind - "a miind"
a. One accord
3. It takes effort - "work" - not play
a. Not a social club
2. They Had A Mind To Watch - 4:9
a. Watched For Conspiricy - 4:8 "conspired"
b. Watched For Conflict - 4:8 "fight against us"
c. Watched For Complacency - 4:9 "night and day"
1. Watching was Prayerful - "safety is of the Lord"
2. Watching was Physical
3. Watching was Perpetual - "night and day"
3. They Had A Mind To War - 4:13-17
a. They Had The Right Armor for War - 4:16
b. They Had The Right Attitude about War - 4:17-18
c. They Had The Right Affiliation in War - 4:19-20
1. They fought for their Family - 4:14
2. They fought for their Friends - 4:18-20
3. They fought for their Faith - 4:19
a. Could have taken family and friends home and left the walls!
4. They Had A Mind To Win - 4:20
a. Because of The Importance of Their Work - 4:19
b. Because of The Determination of Their Will - 4:21
c. Because of The Infinite Power of Their God - 4:20