The Fountain Gate
1. Gates - openings in the walls of a city - places of entrance
2. Gates - moveable structures that guard the openings - obstruct
3. Strategically placed to be both:
a. Easily accessible
b. Easily defendable
4. New Jerusalem - 12 gates - 3 per side
a. No moveable structures for defense
5. The Gates were the main places of attack
a. 2 Sam 11:20-24 (Donít attack the walls!!)
The Fountain Gate - Represents The Spirit Filled Life - vs 15
a. Effort to Disrespect The Holy Spirit
1. Not having a proper revernece
b. Effort to Discredit The Holy Spirit
1. Blaming Him for a spiritual "Circus"
1. The Indwelling of the Spirit - "out of his belly"
a. Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
1. A Wonderful Companion
2. A Wonderful Convictor
3. A Wonderful Comforter
2. The Importance of The Spirit - "river of living water"
a. River signifies - abundance of life
b. River signifies - cleansing of life
3. Satan Tries To Destroy The Worships of The Spirit
a. Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
4. Satan Tries To Destroy The Witness of The Spirit
a. Ro 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
5. Satan Tries To Destroy The Work of The Spirit
a. Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
b. Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
6. Satan Tries To Destroy The Walk of The Spirit
a. Ro 8:1-6 There is therefore now no condemnation to them
which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after
the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath
made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
b. Ga 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not
fulfil the lust of the flesh.
1. The Filling of The Spirit - Worship
a. Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is
excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
2. The Fruit of The Spirit - Witness
a. Ga 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
b. Ac 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
3. The Fulness of The Spirit - Work
a. Eph 3:16-21
4. The Fellowship of The Spirit - Walk
a. Php 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
b. 2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.