The Dedication of The Work
Intro: 1 Tim 3:15
A. The Realization of The Work
1. We Need To Realize The Owner of The Work - 1 Tim 3:15 - "house of God"
a. Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
b. Eph 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
2. We Need To Realize The Importance of The Work - 1 Tim 3:15 - "pillar and ground of the truth"
a. The Church Is The Ground of The Truth - foundation of the church is the Word Incarnate
1. 1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
b. The Church Is The Pillar of The Truth - supports and maintains truth
1. 2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2. For if once truth is gone, a church is no more so
B. The Contention of The Work - Neh 13 - (Certainly worth fighting for)
A. A Contending for The Scriptures - 13:1
1. Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
B. A Contending For Separation - 13:1-30 (You think Iím mean!)
1. Contending with the Mixed Multitude - 13:1-3
a. vs 1 - Put them out of Godís House
2. Contending with Apostates - 13:4-9
a. vs 8 - Cast them out of Godís house
3. Contending With Apathy - 13:10-22
a. vs 21 - Threatened their physical bodies!
3. Contending with Worldliness - 13:23-30
a. vs 25 - Physically fought with them
C. The Dedication of The Work (It is God who gets the job done)
1. Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
2. Eph 3:20-21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
3. Ro 11:33-36 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
4. Ac 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.